“Whatever you did for the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.”
Least in the eyes of men, but precious members of Jesus’ family, are the poor and poor in spirit of the Philippines and other nations. Visiting Hands of Hope Ministries provides you with a two- or three-week opportunity to demonstrate the love of Jesus by:
- Teaching or ministering to children
- playing with the kids at our school, Hands of Hope Faith Academy
- Assisting teachers at our school
- Teaching seminars or training leaders
- Visiting and praying for people
- Helping with maintenance on existing structures, mowing lawns, doing gardens, painting buildings or other building maintenance
- Or serving in some other practical way
Equally as important as practical skills themselves, are the character qualities you bring to the field such as:
- Strong Relationship with God: Your ministry flows out of your close relationship with God.
- Adaptable: You are able to function in a variety of contexts with a variety of people.
- Humble: You are open to other ways of doing things different to those you may have learnt
- Teachable: You are able to learn how things are done in context before suggesting other ways.
- Resilient: You are able to survive in often uncomfortably hot temperatures,
- Lots of noise etc.
- Sacrificial: You are willing to set your agenda, hopes and goals aside for the sake of others.
We are always amazed at what God does through our short-term visitors. You can make a difference and impact a life or lives.
Please contact us with any questions about short-term missions at Hands of Hope.